Turnip and Celeriac Cream
Burnt Butter Vinaigrette
- For the Turnip and Celeriac Cream, place oil into a large deep frypan over medium heat. Add the turnips, celeriac and shallot and cook until golden and soft. Add the stock and simmer until liquid is reduced and syrupy, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to the blender and add butter and vinegar. Blend until smooth and season with salt to taste. Transfer to a squeeze bottle and set aside.
- For the Turnip Ribbons, trim turnips and place onto a Japanese lathe. Turn the turnips into long strips then cut into 32 x 8-10cm long pieces. Place into a bowl and cover with soy sauce and lemon juice and set aside in the fridge for 20 minutes. Adjust seasoning with additional soy sauce, if desired. Drain well to serve.
- For the Burnt Butter Vinaigrette, place butter into a frypan and cook until foaming and deep brown. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly. Add the remaining ingredients and season, to taste. Place into a squeeze bottle and set aside until needed.
- For the Scallops, heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frypan over high heat. Season scallops and cook for 2 minutes on one side only, pressing down gently with a spatula to en-sure a golden crust. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To serve, pipe 2 mounds of Turnip and Celeriac Cream onto each serving plate and top each with a scallop. Dress each plate with 4 pieces Pickled Turnip and 2 pieces fresh apple. Top with wild watercress and finish with Burnt Butter Dressing