Lime Ginger Gelato
- Prechill ice cream machine.
- For the Lime Granita, place ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Pour into a shallow tray, allow to cool on the bench then place into freezer for 2 hours or until frozen. Scrape the surface with a fork to form ice crystals. Return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- For the Lime Ginger Gelato, place ingredients, except lime zest, into a blender and blend on high speed until fully combined. Pour into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until mixture reaches 85C. Remove from the heat and pour through a sieve into a bowl and place over an ice bath to cool.
- Churn mixture in ice cream machine and add lime zest in the last 5 minutes of churning. Place gelato into freezer until ready to serve.
- For the Lime Curd, place lime juice and butter in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until fluffy.
- Whisk lime/butter mixture into egg mixture then place over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir or whisk until thickened.
- Remove from heat and process with a stick blender. Pass through a fine sieve and allow to cool slightly. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside in the fridge.
- For the Feijoa Ganache, combine thickened cream and chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat and allow to melt. Remove from the heat.
- Drain and squeeze out gelatine and add to the chocolate mixture along with the lime juice and stir until combined.
- Add the feijoa slices and use a stick blender to process until smooth. Allow to cool slightly then transfer to a piping bag. Set aside in the fridge.
- To serve, pipe a large dollop of Lime Curd into the bottom of each bowl and make a well in the centre with the back of a warm spoon. Fill the well with Feijoa Ganache. Place 6 mangosteen segments on top and cover with Lime Granita. Place a large rocher of the Lime Ginger Gelato on top and garnish with pineapple sage flowers.