- Heat oil in a wide deep pan to 180C.
- For the batter, place flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in 1 ½ cups water until it forms a smooth and slightly thick batter.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts to make a thinner fillet. Cover fillets with cling film and use a rolling pin to flatten to a uniform thickness.
- Dip chicken into the batter and allow excess batter to drain. Submerge into hot oil and cook, in 2 batches if required, until batter is golden and crisp and chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
- For the Lemon Sauce, place the lemon juice, honey, sliced lemon peel and ¼ cup water into a small frypan and heat over medium to low heat and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, mix the potato starch with 1 tablespoon of extra water. Once lemon juice mixture is boiling, gradually add in the potato starch mix, whisking continuously until thickened. Transfer to a serving jug.
- To serve, slice Battered Chicken and divide between the serving plates. Serve with Lemon Sauce on the side.