Cauliflower Three Ways
- Prepare a hibachi grill, BBQ or grill pan. Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Pickled Grilled Cauliflower, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil.
- Place the vinegar and sugar into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the chamomile and set aside to infuse for 5 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve into bowl. Add the smaller cauliflower florets and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain well, reserving the pickling liquid and set aside.
- Place the medium florets into boiling water and refresh in cold water. Drain well to serve.
- Place the larger florets onto the grill and cook until tender and charred. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the Parmesan Custard, place the Parmesan into a small food processor blend until smooth. Add the eggs and cream and blend until just combined.
- Place into a small saucepan and stir over the low heat until mixture reaches 70C.
- Remove from the heat, season with salt and pass through a fine sieve. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside in the fridge.
- For the Roasted Leaves, toss ingredients together on a small baking tray. Place into the oven and bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- For the Sage Breadcrumb, place the bread onto a baking tray and toast in the oven until dry and crisp, about 15 minutes. Break into shards and place into a food processor and pulse to a fine crumb. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a large frypan and melt over low heat. Add the remaining ingredients along with the crumbs and cook, stirring, until golden and crisp. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To serve, arrange the Cauliflower elements onto each serving plate. Pipe some Parmesan Custard onto the plates and sprinkle with the Sage Breadcrumb. Garnish with Crispy Cauliflower Leaves and finish with a little reserved pickling liquid.