Thai Green Gel
- For the Bitter Melon, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Finely dice bitter melon then add to water for 1 minute. Strain through a sieve and place into a bowl. Add fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice and stir. Set aside.
- For the Thai Green Gel, place ingredients, except xanthan, into the jug of a blender and process until smooth. Pass through a sieve and place into a clean blender jug along with xanthan gum. Process to a soft gel consistency. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside in the fridge.
- For the Herb Salad, mix fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice into a bowl. Just before serving, add remaining ingredients and toss through dressing.
- To serve, heat a frypan over high heat. Arrange betel leaves on a serving plate. Pipe some gel onto the centre of each one.
- Toss the scallops in oil, salt and pepper. Add to the frypan and cook for 2 minutes then flip over and cook for 30 seconds. Place scallops onto the gel. Finish with some bitter melon and dressed salad.