Davidson Plum Marshmallow
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Line a 23cm x 33cm oven tray with baking paper and set aside.
- For the Orange Shortbread, combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until the dough comes together. Transfer dough to the bench and knead to bring together.
- Place the dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll to 5mm thickness. Use a 7.5cm round cutter to cut biscuits from the dough and place onto lined tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer shortbread to a wire rack to cool.
- For the Davidson Plum Marshmallow, place 60ml water in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatine over the surface and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine caster sugar and remaining water in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir to dissolve sugar then simmer for 4 minutes.
- Immediately transfer sugar syrup and gelatine mixture to the bowl of stand mixer. Stir gelatine mixture through. Add the davidson plum powder and vanilla and whip with the whisk attachment for 10 minutes to a thick marshmallow. Spoon into eight 7.5cm ring moulds and smooth the surface. Refrigerate until set.
- Run a small knife around the inside edge of the mould and remove marshmallow. Use a blow torch to toast the top of the marshmallow. Press coconut onto the sides of each marshmallow.
- For the Chocolate Ganache, combine chocolates and cream in a medium bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water. Spoon 1 tablespoon of ganache onto each biscuit and spread evenly.
- For the Blackberry Coulis, cook blackberries in a small saucepan over low heat for 15 minutes or until they start to break down. Push coulis through a sieve into a small bowl and set aside.
- To assemble, place one marshmallow onto each shortbread. Place small mint leaves and sliced blackberries on top and pour coulis over.