Ginger and Garlic Cream Sauce
- For the Spicy Rice, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for onion 5 minutes or until softened. Add jalapeno and capsicum and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the salt and spices and cook for 10 seconds. Transfer to rice cooker. Add rice and vegetables and cook until fluffy. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- For the Ginger and Garlic Cream Sauce, heat oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add shallot, garlic and ginger and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce saucepan to low heat, add lemongrass, soy sauce and cream and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from the heat, add parsley and coriander and use a stick blender to process until smooth. Pass sauce through a fine sieve into a small saucepan and set aside.
- For the Coconut Prawns, heat oil to 175°C in a deepfryer. Combine sesame seeds and chillies in a small frying pan over medium heat and toast for 1 minute or until sesame is golden. Set aside to cool.
- Transfer to a food processor and process to a coarse powder.
- In three separate bowls, place the flour, eggs and panko crumbs. Add coriander and 1 teaspoon of sesame mixture to flour and mix. Add 1 teaspoon of sesame mixture to eggs and mix. Add coconut and 2 teaspoons of sesame mixture to panko.
- Coat the prawns in flour, eggs then crumb. Add coated prawns to the hot oil and fry for 3½ minutes or until golden and just cooked through. Remove prawns from the oil and drain on a paper towel lined tray.
- For the Garnish, use a peeler to thinly shave parsnip into slices.
- In the same hot oil, deep parsnip for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Remove parsnip from the oil and drain on a paper towel lined tray. Season with salt.
- To serve, place Ginger and Garlic Cream Sauce over low heat and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season with lime and salt.
- Place Spicy Rice and Coconut Prawns on serving plate with Ginger and Garlic Cream Sauce on the side. Garnish with fried parsnip.