Curry Powder (for the Pork Curry)
- For the Yellow Rice, combine rice, ghee, turmeric, curry leaves, pandan and lemongrass in the bowl of a rice cooker and mix well to coat rice.
- Add coconut milk, stock and water and cook in rice cooker until fluffy. Remove curry leaves and pandan and use a fork to gently fluff the grains.
- For the Cashew Curry, soak cashews in a bowl of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain cashews, discarding water.
- Combine cashews, onion, water, chillies, garlic, spices, curry leaves and pandan in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook for 15 minutes. Add a little extra water as needed to keep cashews from catching and burning.
- Add coconut milk and simmer until the sauce thickens. Season with lemon and salt and keep warm until ready to serve.
- For the Curry Powder, combine spices and coconut in a small frying pan over medium heat and toast until coconut is golden. Set aside to cool. Transfer all to a spice grinder and process to a fine powder.
- For the Pork Curry, heat the oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, curry leaves, pandan, lemongrass and cinnamon and cook until onions are transparent.
- Add fenugreek seeds, chilli powder, 1/3 cup Curry Powder, water and vinegar and cook for 1 minute, mixing to make a thick paste. Add the pork and salt and mix well to coat the pork. Cover pan with a lid and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut milk and simmer, uncovered for a further 10 minutes. Add tamarind paste and sugar and stir well.
- For Eggplant Moju, heat oil to 180°C in a deep fryer. Sprinkle turmeric over eggplant wedges. Deep fry eggplant until golden brown. Transfer eggplant to a paper towel lined tray and set aside.
- In a medium frying pan, combine vinegar, mustard seeds, garlic, ginger, sugar and salt and bring to the boil. Reduce to medium heat, add onion and cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Add eggplant and toss through. Set aside.
- For the Raita, use a mandolin to thinly slice cucumber into rounds.
- In a medium bowl, combine youghurt, garlic, lemon juice, mint, cumin and salt and mix. Add cucumber and toss through.
- To serve, place Yellow Rice, Cashew Curry, Pork Curry, Eggplant Moju and Raita in separate serving bowls and place on a platter alongside pappadums.