Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta
Pomegranate and Raspberry Sorbet
- For the Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta, place a sheet of 8cm x 3cm silicon log moulds on a tray and chill until required.
- Combine cream, milk, sugar, vanilla pod and seeds and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Place water in a small saucepan, sprinkle Jel-it-in over surface and mix to dissolve. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add Jel-it-in mixture to cream mixture and whisk. Pass mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl. Place bowl over a larger bowl of iced water to cool. Pour into chilled moulds and chill for 30-40 minutes or until set.
- For the Chocolate Soil, preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to a fine crumb consistency. Scatter crumb over lined tray, use fingertips to squeeze crumb into chunky crumbs. Bake for 16-18 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For the Pomegranate and Raspberry Sorbet, pre-chill ice cream machine.
- Combine raspberries and ½ cup water in a small food processor and process to a puree. Pass puree through a fine sieve into a small bowl, discarding solids.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, ¾ cup water and glucose over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar syrup, raspberry puree, pomegranate juice and lemon juice. Transfer to an ice cream machine and churn until thick. Freeze until ready to serve.
- For the Pomegranate Pearls, place oil in a jug and freeze until cold.
- In a small saucepan, combine pomegranate juice and agar agar in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove saucepan from the heat.
- Remove grapeseed oil from the freezer. Use a pipette to drop small pearls of mixture into the oil. Set aside for 1 minute before passing pearls through a fine sieve and gently washing with luke warm water. Set aside.
- For the Chocolate Shards, place raspberries in a small food processor and pulse to a coarse powder.
- Spread chocolate over a sheet of baking paper and scatter crushed raspberries over. Freeze until set then break into pieces.
- To Serve, unmould Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta on serving plate. Spoon a small amount of Chocolate Soil beside panna cotta and top with a quenelle of Pomegranate and Raspberry Sorbet. Garnish with Chocolate Shards, Pomegranate Pearls and micro mint.