Court Bouillon, Romanesco and Carrots
Champagne Caviar Sauce
- For the Court Bouillon, Romanesco and Carrot, place all ingredients, except the romanesco and baby carrots, into a deep saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and set aside to infuse for 10 minutes. Pour through a fine sieve into a medium saucepan.
- Place the Court Bouillon over a low heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add the baby carrots and cook until carrots still have a slight bite. Remove from the stock and set aside.
- Add the romanesco florets and simmer until tender. Remove from the stock and set aside. Strain the Court Bouillon through a fine sieve into a jug and reserve 150ml to cook the Leeks.
- For the Champagne Sauce, place the butter, onion, carrot, celery, leek and fennel into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté until soft and golden.
- Add the champagne and simmer until reduced and syrupy. Add the stock and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half. Add the cream and simmer until liquid has slightly reduced. Strain through a fine sieve into a small saucepan.
- When ready to serve, reheat the sauce gently. Remove from the heat and using a stick blender, foam the sauce. Gently stir through the caviar.
- For the Lobsters, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Prepare an ice bath in a medium bowl. Fill a sous vide machine with water and heat to 50C.
- Remove the lobster tails; push a skewer through each tail. Place into the boiling water for 4 minutes. Remove from the water and place into the ice bath. Once cool, cut along the belly side of the tails and carefully remove the tail meat in one piece.
- Place the tail meat, butter and salt into a sous vide bag. Vacuum and seal bag then cook in the sous vide machine for 20 minutes. Remove from the boiling water and set aside.
- For the Leeks, place the Court Bouillon and butter into a small frypan over low heat. Add the leeks and cook until leeks are tender, golden and the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, place a lobster tail half and portion of leek onto each plate. Layer the baby carrots, romanesco, purslane and wood sorrel onto the plate. Spoon the Champagne Caviar Sauce around the plate.