Coconut Frozen Ganache
Strawberry Consommé Gel
White Chocolate Dip
Strawberry Gum Jelly
White Chocolate Crumble
- Pre-chill ice cream machine. Line six 5cm round cutters with strips of 12cm wide acetate to form a tube inside the cutters. Place each onto a piece of cling film and use an elastic band to secure the cling wrap around the cutter to form a base to the tube. Place onto a lined baking tray and set aside.
- For the Coconut Frozen Ganache, place the gelatine into a small bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside to soften then drain and squeeze the gelatine to remove excess water.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut cream and white chocolate in a small saucepan and place over a low heat. Stir until the chocolate has melted then remove from the heat. Add the gelatine and stir until gelatine has dissolved.
- Stir in the cream and salt to taste.
- Pour mixture into the prepared acetate tubes and place into the freezer until solid.
- Once coconut ganache is frozen, unmould and trim the edges to neaten. Return to the freezer until needed.
- For the Jasmine Gelato, place all ingredients into a small saucepan and process with a stick blender. Place over a medium heat and cook, whisking, until mixture reaches 83C. Remove from the heat and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl and place over an ice bath until cool.
- Place into an ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions. Place gelato into the freezer until required.
- For the Strawberry Consommé Gel, place ingredients except the agar agar into a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to the boil and simmer until strawberries soften and lose their colour. Once the liquid is deep red, remove from heat. Place a small bowl onto a set of scales and set to zero. Pass the strawberry mixture through a fine sieve into the bowl and record the weight of the liquid. Calculate 1% of the liquid’s weight and add that amount of agar agar to the liquid.
- Return the mixture to a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk continuously and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and pour into a shallow tray. Place into the fridge until set.
- Once jelly has set, break into pieces and place into the canister of a stick blender and process to a smooth gel. Press the gel through a fine sieve and place in covered container. Set aside.
- For the Yoghurt Gel, place the milk, cream and sugar into a small saucepan and whisk in the agar. Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and transfer to a shallow tray to set.
- Once set, break the jelly into pieces and place into the canister of a stick blender. Add the yoghurt and process until smooth. Add the lemon juice, to taste. Pass through fine sieve and place into a piping bag. Set aside.
- For the White Chocolate Dip, place the chocolate and cocoa butter into a microwave safe bowl. Cook on medium heat, in 30 second bursts, until chocolate melts. Whisk until smooth then add the titanium dioxide and blend with a stick blender. Pass through a strainer into a small cup.
- For the Stone Pebbles, place the liquid nitrogen into a double walled metal bowl.
- Take a heaped teaspoon of Strawberry Consommé Gel and carefully place it into the liquid nitrogen. After 5-10 seconds when the gel has started to firm on the outside, carefully remove the gel with a spoon and insert a toothpick. Return to the liquid nitrogen and allow to set for about 30 seconds.
- Once the gel is solid, dip the gel into the White Chocolate Dip and place onto a lined, cold tray.
- Remove skewer from the Pebble and smooth over the opening to seal with a clean fingertip. Place into the fridge until serving. Repeat with remaining Strawberry Consommé Gel and White Chocolate Dip.
- For the Strawberry Gum Jelly, whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a 20cm x 10cm container and set aside in the fridge to set.
- Once set, use a 2.5cm round cutter to cut circles from the jelly. Place circles onto a lined tray and set aside in the fridge.
- For the White Chocolate Crumble, place the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and cook in 20 second bursts, stirring in between, until chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the maltodextrin and whisk together until fluffy and crumbly. Set aside in the fridge.
- To serve, pipe 6 dots of Yoghurt Gel into a small rectangle on one side of each serving plate and place a Coconut Frozen Ganache on top. Arrange 3 Stone Pebbles and 2 pieces of Strawberry Gum Jelly on each plate.
- Sprinkle some White Chocolate Crumble into the centre of each plate. Spoon Jasmine Gelato next to the Ganache. Finish with a sprinkle of White Chocolate Crumble and serve immediately.