- Heat olive oil in frying pan. Add garlic, onion, celery, carrot, sweet potato and rosemary. Cook until tender.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces. Place chicken skin side down into the frying pan and seal. Add white wine and salt and pepper. Cook on a medium heat until chicken is cooked.
- Pasta dough: place 300g of plain flour in a mixing bowl. Add 3 eggs and 3 pinches of salt. Use a fork to mix it together till all the flour is taken up.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes, then wrap it in plastic wrap and let it sit.
- Strain the filling in a colander over a mixing bowl. Press down so the liquid is removed. Set aside the liquid.
- Placed the strained filling into a food processor and blend it down until soft and velvety. Add 1 egg and 1 cup of grated parmiggiano. Combine.
- . Roll out pasta dough until 2/3mm thick. Add flour to the bench as you go to avoid sticking. Cut the dough into rounds with a cup. Make 16 rounds.
- For each ravioli place a teaspoon of filling in the center of the cut out dough. Place a second piece of dough on top and press it down making sure you remove the air. Use a fork to press down the edges sealing them.
- Repeat the above step for the 7 other ravioli.
- Place all the ravioli in a pot of salted boiling water and cook for 6-9 minutes until done. Once the ravioli are cooked place them all on a tea towel and dry before placing them onto plates.
- Take the saved liquid from the filling, reduce it on the stove, then spoon some of it over the plated ravioli.
Preparation time: 20 mins Cooking time: 30 mins
This recipe has been written by an amateur chef and has not been tested by the MasterChef food department.