- Preheat oven to 180C.
For the semifreddo
- Whisk together sugar, eggs and egg yolks until combined. Place over a pan of simmering water and whisk continuously over gentle heat until the mixture becomes thickened and light in colour. Slowly mix through lemon juice and zest. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, fold through whipped cream. Pour into an 18 x 28cm plastic lined tin and transfer to the freezer for 3 hours or until set.
For the biscuits
- Combine all ingredients in an electric mixer to form a soft dough. Spoon 12 tablespoons of mixture onto lined trays and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Once semifreddo has set, remove from freezer and gently remove from the tin. Using a round cookie cutter the size of the biscuits (approximately 7cm) cut out rounds of semifreddo. Transfer back to the freezer until assembly.
For the syrup
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan and simmer over medium heat until reduced and syrupy. Strain through a sieve and set aside.
- Place a round of semifreddo between 2 biscuits. Repeat with remaining biscuits and semifreddo. Place on serving platter. Drizzle with syrup and garnish with marigold petals and thyme flowers.