Spiced Seed Mix
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- For the Cashew Tarator, place the cashews into a bowl and cover with warm water. Set aside to soften for 25 minutes.
- Place the bread into a bowl and cover with cold water and soak for 5 minutes.
- Drain the cashews and the bread and place into a blender along with the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, maple syrup, garlic, cumin, sea salt and half of the ice and water. Process until smooth and creamy, adding a little more icy water as required, to make a smooth emulsified puree. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
- For the Harissa Sauce, place the capsicum and tomatoes onto a wire rack over a gas flame. Cook until the skin is blackened, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes for the tomato and a further 5-10 minutes for the capsicum. Place the tomatoes onto a tray and the capsicum into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 10 minutes before discarding the skins and deseeding the capsicum.
- Toast the cumin and caraway seeds in a frying pan. Remove from the heat and grind to a fine powder using a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
- Wipe out the pan with paper towel and return to a medium-high heat. Add the chillies and toast for 3-4 minutes before adding in the oil and ground spices. Cook for 2-3 minutes before adding the tomato paste, capsicum and tomato.
- Continue to cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes to cook out the tomato paste. Add the maple syrup, vinegar and salt, to taste.
- Transfer mixture into a blender and process until thick and smooth. Set aside.
- For the Roasted Cauliflower, place a large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Toss the cauliflower slices in oil and sprinkle with cumin and salt. Cook the cauliflower steaks on each side for 3 minutes. Add the cauliflower leaves and transfer the pan into the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the leaves from the pan and set aside. Return the cauliflower to the oven and cook until tender, a further 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan over a high heat. Add the butter and when melted and foamy, spoon over the cauliflower until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Squeeze a little lemon juice over the cauliflower, season with sea salt and remove from the heat.
- Place a small frying pan over a medium heat and pour in the maple syrup. Allow to bubble for 1 minute then stir in the vinegar. Place the maple mixture into a small bowl and allow to cool slightly before adding in the redcurrants. Set aside to pickle for 10 minutes at room temperature. Drain well to serve.
- For the Fried Chickpeas, heat the oil in a small saucepan to 160C.
- Toss the chickpeas in the flour and shake to remove excess. Carefully add to the oil and fry the chickpeas until slightly cracked and crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Season with sumac and salt while hot.
- For the Spiced Seed Mix, place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
- To serve, place the Cashew Tarator and Harissa Sauce onto the base of a serving plate or platter. Top with the Roasted Cauliflower, Crispy Chickpeas, Spiced Seed Mix, pickled redcurrants and a little pickling liquid. Garnish with fresh mint leaves just before serving.