Pao De Queijo
- Cut beef into 4cm thick slices. Thread half onto metal skewers. Generously sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Preheat the charcoal barbecue. Add the beef skewers and steaks. Cook, turning skewers, occasionally, until beef is cooked to your liking. Remove and rest, then thickly slice.
- To make the feijoada, cook chorizo and Spanish blood sausage in a large deep frying pan over medium to high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisp. Add the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add spice mix and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add beans and stock and bring to the boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until thickened slightly. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- To make pao de queijo, preheat oven to 200C. Combine milk, oil and salt in a medium pan and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat. Stir into tapioca flour. Add egg and cheese, then stir until combined.
- Using floured hands, shape dough into balls (about 35g each) and place on a baking-paper lined oven tray. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Cook in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until puffed and lightly golden. Remove.
- Meanwhile, to make stroganoff sauce, melt butter in a large frypan over medium heat. Cook the onion, capsicum, and mushrooms, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, or until softened. Stir in tomato paste and spices and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add sour cream and stock, bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from the heat and season with pepper.
- Serve meat with feijoada, pao de queijo, stroganoff sauce, fries and rice.
- Brazilian feijoada and carnes spice mix and Spanish blood sausage are available from specialty Brazilian food stores or butchers.