Butter Roasted Turnips
Native Thyme Oil
- Prepare a hibachi grill or place a grill pan over high heat. Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Marsala Jus, place onions onto grill, flesh side down and cook until charred all over.
- Place into a pressure cooker with remaining ingredients and cover with water. Cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. Strain through a cloth lined fine sieve into a frypan and simmer until reduced until thick and glossy.
- For the Sage Emulsion, place wine into a saucepan and simmer until reduced to 75ml. Remove from the heat.
- Place butter into a saucepan with sage and garlic. Allow butter to melt then remove from the heat. Remove garlic then transfer butter and sage to a blender and process until smooth.
- Place reduced wine into a high speed blender, add xanthan gum and process until incorporated.
- With blender running on low-medium speed, slowly pour in butter and emulsify. Set aside and warm gently to serve.
- For the Wessex Saddleback, remove pork loins from the bone. Remove rind, leaving 2cm thick layer of fat covering the loin.
- Salt the fat generously and place into a cold ovenproof frypan over a high heat. Cook until golden and the fat has rendered. Sear all sides of the pork until golden and caramelised.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 47C. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing to serve.
- For the Butter Roasted Turnips, melt butter in a medium shallow fry pan. Add turnips, cut side down and season with salt. Cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the Native Thyme Oil, process ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pass through a muslin lined sieve. Set aside.
- For the Muntries, melt butter in a shallow frypan. Add muntries and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with lemon juice and salt.
- To serve, arrange slices of pork on each serving plate. Add Butter Roasted Turnips, karkalla and muntries and serve with the 3 sauces on the side.