Chickpea Miso Butter
- Preheat the oven to the highest heat on grill setting. Move the top shelf in the oven about an inch below the grill element.
- One at a time, use tongs to wave nori sheet over a medium flame on the stove top until nori smells toasted. Use your hands to crush the nori into small flakes into a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove scallops from the shell, reserving both the scallop meat and the shell. Place scallop shells on an oven tray.
- For the Chickpea Miso Butter, combine butter, miso, light soy sauce and seaweed vinegar in a medium bowl. Beat with a spatula or spoon until well combined.
- Place ½-1 teaspoon of miso butter into the centre of each scallop shell. Place one scallop on top of each shell and place an extra 1 teaspoon of miso butter on top of each scallop.
- Place tray of scallops on the top shelf of the oven and grill for 1-1½ minutes or until butter is golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove scallops from the oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- To serve, season each scallop with a little lime juice and top with finger lime pearls, toasted crushed nori and toasted sesame seeds.