Sunny Side Up Eggs
- For the Fried Shallots, place the oil into a small saucepan and heat over a medium heat to 180°C. Add the shallots and cook until golden brown, then remove from the oil and place onto paper towel. Season with salt and set aside.
- For the Pickled Cucumbers, using a potato peeler, peel one strip along the whole length of the cucumber. Move over about the width of the strip just peeled and leave the skin in tact. Then peel again along the whole length of the cucumber, then leave the skin again, causing a stripe effect on the cucumber, repeat this peeling process around the whole cucumber. Slice the cucumber into 1cm rounds, then cut the rounds into quarters.
- Place cucumber quarters into a bowl with the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Set aside until needed.
- For the Vermicelli, place the vermicelli into a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Once softened, drain, then rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil, garlic, ginger, shallots, spring onion and chilli and fry until golden brown. Add the carrots and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add the wombok and cooked vermicelli noodles and stir to combine. Add remaining ingredients and toss well to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the Sunny Side Up Eggs, preheat a non-stick frying pan over low heat. Add a little oil to the pan. Crack an egg in a small ramekin and season with salt and pepper. Add egg into the frying pan and cook gently until the white around the yolk is just set. Using an egg flip, transfer the fried egg into a clean plate. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- To assemble, position Vermicelli in the centre of the flat white serving plates. Top with a Sunny Side Up Egg and scatter Pickled Cucumbers and some thinly sliced long red chilli on the side. Sprinkle with Fried Shallots and thinly sliced spring onion.