Cucumber and Pineapple Archar
- Dry roast the coriander, cumin, cardamom and cinnamon in a small frypan until fragrant and lightly brown. Remove from heat and place into a food processor laong with shallots, garlic, ginger and chilli to make a smooth paste.
- In a large saucepan, add coconut oil and when hot curry leaves. Cook until crispy then add spice paste and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground turmeric and chilli powder and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and 1 ½ cups water and reduce the heat to low.
- Once the curry comes to boil, add tamarind, sugar and salt.
- Add the fish to sauce and simmer gently, basting fish with sauce and turning halfway, until fish is just cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Remove the fish from sauce and place on a tray.
- Mix ingredients in a large non-stick saucepan along with 2 cups water.
- Bring the rice to a boil and reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- For the Cucumber and Pineapple Archar, place ingredients into a large bowl and set aside to pickle for 20 minutes.
- Using a 6 or 7 cm round ring cutter, mould rounds of Cumin Rice into the centre of each plate. Top with a portion of fish and garnish with Cucumber and Pineapple Archar and coriander leaves.
- Serve the curry sauce in a serving jug on the side.