Whipped Smoked Butter
Monster Munch Chips
- Preheat oven to 60C. Preheat oil in deep fryer to 170C.
- For the Toasted Ciabatta, brush melted butter onto ciabatta slices. Place into a pan on medium low heat and cook until brown and crisp on both sides. Set aside.
- For the Whipped Smoked Butter, place the butter and buttermilk into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix until fluffy, soft and paler in colour.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and fill the bowl with smoke from a smoking gun. Set aside for 5 minutes. Repeat smoking process. Uncover and set aside.
- For the Monster Munch Chips, soak the potato slices in cold water for 5 minutes, rinse and repeat the process a further two times. Drain well and dry with paper towel.
- Combine the onion and vinegar powders and salt in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Deep fry potato slices, in batches, until bubbles are no longer coming off the chips and they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and place into a paper towel lined bowl. Sprinkle generously with salt mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- To serve, place Toasted Ciabatta onto a serving platter. Spread generously with Smoked Whipped Butter and top with chips. Garnish with celery leaves and serve immediately.