- Cream the butter, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add vanilla bean seeds and beat until fluffy. Add egg and mix to combine. Add almond meal and flour and mix until mixture forms a dough.
- Place between two sheets of cling wrap, flatten and refrigerate for 2 hours to rest.
- Flour bench, lay pastry on top and dust again with flour. Roll to a desired thickness and prick well with a fork. Cut rounds with a 12cm cookie cutter and lay into 10cm diameter tartlet cases. Gently press into tins to fit and roll over tartlets with a rolling pin to trim edges. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Bake at 160°C for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Chocolate Salted Caramel Tart and Caramelised Peanuts
- Place sugar and glucose in a saucepan over a medium heat and cook, agitating mixture until sugar is dissolved. Simmer until sugars become a light brown caramel.
- Deglaze with cream, add salt and remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly and whisk in butter until smooth and glossy
- Half fill tartlet cases with salted caramel and top with 1-2 teaspoons peanuts. Chill to set.
- For ganache, pour cream into a saucepan and almost bring to the boil. Add chocolate and stir until smooth. Add butter and mix until well combined. Fill chilled tartlets with ganache and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to set.
- Decorate with pieces of peanut nougatine.