- For the Charred Onion Skin, place grapeseed oil in a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Add onion halves, cut side down, and cook until brown. Add enough water to cover onion halves, cover saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until the onion is soft, about 30 minutes. Remove onion from water and set aside to cool.
- Peel cooled onion halves and discard skin. Peel 2 petals from each half. Char each petal using a blow torch. Set aside until serving.
- For the Green Sauce, toast pine nuts in a small fry pan on medium heat until golden. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Finely chop parsley, capers and anchovies and place in a medium sized bowl. Add Worcestershire sauce and raw sugar and mix to dissolve sugar. Add extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar and toss to combine. Add toasted pine nuts and stir through. Season with salt, to taste.
- For the Soft Boiled Eggs, fill a medium saucepan halfway with water. Set over high heat and bring to a boil. Carefully place the eggs in the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes and 30 seconds. Remove from water and place, immediately, into a bowl of iced water. Peel eggs and set aside.
- To serve, place Green Sauce into the middle of each serving bowl and create a small well in the centre. Place an egg in the well and place a charred onion skin on top. Garnish with sea salt flakes.