Cereal Milk Panna Cotta
Strawberry and Rhubarb Syrup
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Cereal Milk Panna Cotta, place the gelatine into a small bowl, cover with cold water and set aside to soften. Drain well and squeeze to remove excess water. Set aside.
- Place the cornflakes into a large frypan. Place over low heat and toast, stirring often until deep golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the milk, cream, caster sugar and toasted cornflakes into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to just below boiling point then remove from the heat.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve, into a pouring jug, pressing down on the cornflakes to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Add the softened gelatine and stir through until dissolved. Pour the mixture evenly into six dariole moulds and then place into the freezer for 15 minutes. Transfer to the fridge until set.
- For the Strawberry and Rhubarb Syrup, bring a medium saucepan half filled with water, to a simmer.
- Place the ingredients into a glass bowl and cover tightly with cling film.
- Place the bowl over the simmering water until the fruit collapses and releases juice, approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Strain the juice through a fine sieve into a serving jug and reserve. Transfer the cooked rhubarb to a plate and set aside.
- For the Macerated Strawberries, combine ingredients in a medium glass bowl and mix gently to combine. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- For the Baked Strawberries, place the strawberries onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, then place into the oven and bake until jammy, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside until needed.
- For the Baked Rhubarb, place the rhubarb onto a lined baking tray and bake until just tender, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside until needed.
- For the Cereal Crunch, line a baking tray with paper and set aside.
- Place the ingredients, except cornflakes, into a food processor and process to a fine crumb.
- Spread the mixture over the prepared tray and toss through the cornflakes. Bake in the oven until dark golden brown and crisp, about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- To serve, unmould a panna cotta into centre of each serving bowl. Add some Cereal Crunch and scatter rhubarb and strawberry elements around the bowl. Garnish with flower raspberries and fresh flower petals.