- Peel back the husks and remove the silks from corn, wrap the husks around the stem and tie.
- Blanch corn in a large stock pan of boiling water for 6 minutes or until bright golden, drain well.
- For the chipotle mayo, put the chili on a board and mince (squash on board with side of knife and chop) put in a bowl with mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice and cayenne. Mix well. Season with salt.
- Put the grated cheese on a medium tray.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat and add the corn.
- Grill corn on each side for a few minutes until some of the kernels begin to look darker, and a little charred. Add limes and grill cut-side down until charred.
- Remove from the grill and immediately brush the chipotle mayo all over the corn.
- Roll corn in the cheese, drizzle with extra mayonnaise and scatter with chives.
- Chipotles are dried, smoked jalapeños. Adobo is a tangy, slightly sweet red sauce.