Brown Butter Potato Foam
- Fill and heat a water bath to 57.5C.
- For the Glazed Mushrooms, soak the porcini in Madeira.
- Chop carcass and wings into small pieces and toss in tomato paste. Set aside.
- Place shallots into a deep frypan and saute over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the chicken carcass and wings and cook until well caramelised.
- Add the porcini and Madeira to deglaze and simmer until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for 30 minutes. Add veal jus and soy sauce, to taste and stir until combined.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a clean saucepan and continue to simmer until glossy, thickened and almost syrupy. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When ready to serve, place butter in a frypan over medium heat and add shiitake mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add enoki and a splash of chicken reduction and toss the mushrooms to coat. Remove from the heat.
- For the Date Puree, melt butter in a frypan and sauté shallots until translucent. Add dates and cook until breaking down, about 8 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat. Use a stick blender or transfer to a food processor and blend to a fine puree. Pass through a fine sieve and season with salt. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside.
- For the Brown Butter Foam, place potatoes into a saucepan and cover with water. Season with salt and simmer potatoes until tender. Remove from the heat and drain well. Transfer to a blender.
- Meanwhile, place cream into a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until reduced by 1/3. Remove from the heat.
- Place butter into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until browned. Remove from the heat.
- Process the potato with the cream and browned butter until smooth. Season with salt and transfer to a syphon gun. Charge twice, shaking well between charges. Set aside in water bath.
- To serve, place Glazed Mushrooms in serving bowls and pipe date puree around the mushrooms. Garnish with the shallot rounds and dispense potato foam into the middle.