- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Miso Jus, heat a pan over a high heat, add oil and chopped chicken pieces and cook, stirring, until browned. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook until golden. Add white wine and cook until reduced by half. Add chicken stock, tarragon sprigs and miso and cook until reduced and liquid has thickened slightly. Remove from heat, pour through a sieve, season to taste and set aside, keeping warm, until serving.
- For the Miso Roasted Carrots, wash and trim the carrots. Mix miso and oil in a bowl and rub over carrots. Transfer to a baking tray and place in oven to roast, turning halfway, until golden and cooked through, about 40 - 45 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside, keeping warm, until serving.
- For the Miso Chicken Breast, gently separate the chicken skin from the breasts, keeping skin attached around the edges to create a pocket. Place 25g butter under skin of each breast fillet. Place chicken crowns into a shallow oven tray and place in oven to cook for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully remove the fillets from the crowns.
- Heat the remaining 50g butter in a large frypan over a low heat. Add chicken breasts and miso paste and fry, basting chicken regularly with miso butter, until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside, keeping warm, to rest until serving.
- For the Caramelised Shallots, heat butter in a medium pan and place over low heat. Place shallots into pan, cut side down, and cook until soft and golden, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside, keeping warm, until serving.
- To serve, place a Miso Chicken Breast on each serving plate. Add Miso Roasted Carrots and Caramelised Shallots. Dress with Miso Jus and garnish with fresh peas and tarragon leaves.