Coconut Ice Cream
Green Curry Paste
Green Curry Cake
White Chocolate Ganache
- Prechill ice cream machine. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a 12 cavity mini Bundt tray with butter and place onto a baking tray.
- For the Coconut Ice-Cream, place coconut milk, coconut cream and glucose syrup into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat. Place the eggs and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk until pale. Pour the hot coconut mixture into the egg mixture, whisking continuously until combined.
- Transfer back into the saucepan. Place over medium heat, stirring continuously with a silicone spatula until mixture thickens and reaches 83C. Pour through a sieve into a bowl and place over an ice bath. Stir in the coconut essence and salt and allow to chill.
- Pour into the ice cream churner and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Place ice cream into the freezer until needed.
- For the Green Curry Paste, place coriander and cumin seeds into a pan over medium high heat. Toast until fragrant then grind to a fine powder.
- Place oil into the pan. Add onions and fry until translucent.
- Transfer to a food processor and add the ground coriander, cumin and remaining ingredients. Process to a smooth paste then transfer 70g of the paste to a medium bowl. (Remaining curry paste can be used in another recipe or frozen for later use.)
- For the Green Curry Cakes, add banana, butter, sour cream, eggs and egg yolks to the curry paste. Meanwhile, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt into a separate bowl. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients, until thoroughly mixed. Spoon into prepared tray.
- Bake until the cakes are cooked through and browned on the outside, approximately 20-25 minutes. Allow cakes to stand for 10 minutes then invert cakes out on a wire rack to cool.
- For the Coconut Crumb, increase oven to 200C.
- Melt the butter and mix in remaining ingredients. Transfer to a lined baking tray and bake until golden, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Place into a food processor and pulse to a fine powder.
- For the White Chocolate Ganache, melt the white chocolate in the microwave mixing every 30 seconds until melted.
- Add the cream and chilli powder and blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Transfer into a piping bag and set aside in the fridge to chill and firm but not set.
- To assemble, pipe the ganache on the cake and garnish with toasted coconut and fresh flowers. Serve with coconut ice cream and the coconut crumb.