Dark Chocolate Mousse
- Prechill ice cream machine.
- For the Violet Ice Cream, place cream, milk and liqueur into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Meanwhile, place eggs, egg yolks, sugar and a pinch of salt into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk until light, creamy and pale. While whisking, gradually add hot milk mixture until combined. Return mixture to saucepan, place over a medium heat and stir until mixture reaches 82C and thickens.
- Remove from heat and strain into a bowl set over an ice bath. Allow to cool then place into ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturers directions. Set aside, in freezer, until serving.
- For the Dark Chocolate Mousse, place chocolate, 100g cream and salt in a medium microwave proof bowl. Cook in the microwave in bursts, stirring in between, until mixture is smooth and combined. Add gelatine and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk remaining 65g cream to soft peaks and fold into cooled chocolate mixture. Transfer to a piping bag and set aside in fridge until firm and ready to serve, about 35 minutes.
- For the Honeycomb, place sugar, glucose, honey and 2 teaspoons water into a medium saucepan and bring to 155C. Remove from heat.
- Sift bi-carb soda into the saucepan and whisk to incorporate. Pour mixture into a very deep baking tray and allow to cool down for 30 minutes. Break some honeycomb into large chunks and some into smaller crumbs and set aside for serving.
- To serve, pipe a portion of Dark Chocolate Mousse into the centre of each serving plate. Add a spoonful of Violet Ice Cream and top with a piece of Honeycomb. Sprinkle with Honeycomb crumbs and garnish with flower petals.