Pickled Mustard Seeds
Roasted Bone Marrow
Toasted Rye Sourdough
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- For the Onion Soubise, place the onions and butter into a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Sauté onions until soft and caramelised, about 30 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer onions and butter to the canister of a stick blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Season to taste then transfer to a squeeze bottle and set aside.
- For the Pickled Mustard Seeds, place ingredients and ½ cup water into a pressure cooker. Seal and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Release pressure and pour through a sieve. Reserve the mustard seeds until ready to serve.
- For the Roasted Bone Marrow, use a sharp knife to scrape and clean the outside of the bones. Place the bones onto a wire rack set over a baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and bake in the oven until soft and gelatinous, about 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- For the Toasted Sourdough Rye, heat a flat grill plate over high heat.
- Drizzle the bread on both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Cook until crisp and lightly charred on both sides. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- For the Shimeji Mushrooms, place olive oil and mushrooms into a small frypan over high heat. Sauté until caramelised, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To serve, place the Roasted Bone Marrow into the centre of each plate. Top with some Shimeji Mushrooms, Onion Soubise and Pickled Mustard Seeds and garnish with micro red mustard leaves. Add a slice of Toasted Sourdough Rye.