Green Banana Chips
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Peanut Sauce, place 3 tablespoons oil into a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the peanuts and fry until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside on paper towel.
- Place the remaining 3 tablespoons oil into the pan. When hot, add the garlic, chillies and shrimp paste and fry until aromatic, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Remove ingredients from the oil using a slotted spoon and place into the bowl of a small food processor. Add the kaffir lime leaves and cooked peanuts. Process to a coarse paste.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium size bowl. Add the coconut sugar, tamarind puree, lime juice, salt and approximately 1 cup warm water and mix to a slightly runny sauce. Set aside.
- For the Baked Mushrooms, place the mushrooms onto a small lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- For the Fried Mushroom, heat the oil in a deep fryer or medium saucepan 180C.
- Remove the soft inner section from the bread and tear into small pieces and place onto a baking tray. Bake until crunchy, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside the crust to make the Spicy Croutons.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Transfer the baked bread to the bowl of a small food processor. Add the coriander leaves and process to a fine crumb. Season with salt and pepper and set aside in a shallow bowl.
- Place the plain flour into another shallow bowl and the egg white into a 3rd bowl.
- Roll each mushroom in the plain flour and then dip in the egg white and finally into the crumb.
- Fry the mushrooms in the hot oil until golden brown. Set aside on paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- For the Spicy Croutons, place the ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper into a medium bowl. Break the crust into pieces and toss to coat in the seasoning. Place onto a lined baking tray and drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven until crunchy and golden, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- For the Green Banana Chips, julienne the banana and season with salt.
- Strain the grapeseed oil if required then reheat oil to 180C. Add the banana pieces and fry until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the oil and set aside.
- For the Green Salad, place iceberg and cos lettuce leaves onto a small baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake in the oven until crunchy, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Place the apple cider vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl and add the radicchio leaves and allow to pickle for 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- To serve, place the lettuce leaves and radicchio leaves into the centre of each serving bowl, and top with the alfalfa sprouts and banana chips. Add the fried mushroom, spicy crouton and fried peanuts around the salad. Serve with the peanut sauce in a small jug on the side.