- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan forced. Grease a 20cm spring form pan and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a medium glass bowl. Microwave in 30 second bursts for 1 – 1½ minutes or until melted and smooth. Cool at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, to the chocolate mixture, stirring after each addition.
- If planning to eat the torte warm, add 40ml of spiced rum and stir through. If planning to eat the torte chilled, add 60ml of spiced rum and stir through.
- Add caster sugar, almond meal, plain flour and chilli flakes and fold through.
- Bake for 25- 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the torte at room temperature for 30 minutes if you want to eat it warm. Cut into large slices to serve. Alternatively, chill torte in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until firmly set. Cut into thin slices and serve with sour cream, extra chilli flakes and salt.