- Preheat oven to 240C.
- For the Crispy Pork Belly, season the underside of the pork with salt, pepper and fennel seeds. Score the skin with a sharp knife then pat dry with paper towel. Rub the oil and salt into the skin. Cut into 8 evenly sized rectangular portions and place onto a shallow baking tray. Place into the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Decrease the oven temperature to 200C and cook for a further 30 minutes until the pork is tender.
- Turn the oven to the fan grill setting and carefully grill pork skin until crisp, being careful not to burn the skin. Remove from the oven and set aside to rest. Reserve the pan juices for the Glaze.
- For the Celeriac Puree, chop celeriac into 2cm cubes and place into a medium saucepan along with the milk, cream, shallots, butter and salt. Place over a medium heat and bring a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the celeriac gently for 30-35 minutes, until tender. Transfer the celeriac to a blender and enough cooking liquid to blend to a smooth puree. Pass through a fine drum sieve into a clean saucepan and season with salt, to taste. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- For the Apples and Glaze, place honey into a medium frypan and place over a medium heat. Once the honey melts, add the apples and cook, stirring, until caramelised on all sides.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, thyme, mustard, lemon zest, salt, pepper and ½ cup water to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook until the apples are tender, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the apples from the pan and set aside. Add the reserved pan juices and simmer the liquid until thick and sticky, about 5-7 minutes. Pass the glaze through a fine sieve into a serving jug and set aside.
- For the Charred Fennel, heat a large grill pan over medium heat.
- Place the olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper into a medium bowl and whisk with a fork until well combined. Add the fennel slices and toss until evenly coated. Drain fennel slices and place into the grill pan and cook until tender and charred, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To serve, spread some Celeriac Puree in a circle in the centre of each plate. Top with portions of Crispy Pork Belly, some Apples and a slice of Charred Fennel. Garnish with fennel fronds and watercress and serve with the Glaze on the side.