Cocoa Pistachio Pâte Sablée Disk
Orange & Basil Salad
- For Cocoa Pistachio Pâte Sablée Disk, combine plain flour, caster sugar, pistachio meal, cocoa and table salt in a food processor and pulse to roughly combine. Add the butter and orange zest and pulse until sandy. Add the eggs and process until the mixture begins to come together.
- Transfer pastry to a clean work surface and bring together. Pat into a thick disk, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes for easier handling but it is not necessary for this pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC fan forced and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Unwrap the rested dough. Dust work surface and chilled dough with extra flour. Use a rolling pin to roll pastry to 2mm thickness. Use a 10cm round cutter to cut 6 disks from the pastry. Use a small sharp knife to cut small segments out of the pastry to look like a slice of orange.
- Chill for 10 minutes in the freezer if time allows. Bake for about 7 minutes or until the pastry is cooked. Remove tray from the oven and cool pastry on the tray.
- For the Orange & Basil Salad, peel and segment the oranges. Place orange in a small bowl and toss in a little icing sugar if you’d like.
- In a medium bowl, combine yoghurt, mascarpone and vanilla and whisk to just combine.
- To assemble, place a large dollop of the mascarpone yoghurt mixture on each serving plate. Arrange about 7 orange segments evenly on top. Dot the balsamic over. Finish with a sprinkling of pistachios. Carefully pop disk gently on top to conceal the contents. Garnish with a few sprigs of micro basil.