Fragrant Chilli Oil
- For the Fragrant Chilli Oil, place all ingredients into a small saucepan over medium heat. Once bubbles appear and the ingredients start to sizzle, reduce heat to low and leave to infuse for 15-20 minutes, taking care not to burn the chillies.
- Remove from heat and strain oil into a bowl. Set aside.
- For the Noodles, place flour and a pinch of salt into the bowl of a stand mixer. Fit with the dough hook attachment, turn to low speed and slowly incorporate the water. Increase the speed to medium and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Remove the dough and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside to rest at room temperature for 25 minutes.
- Remove dough from plastic wrap and divide into 12 equal portions. Roll each portion into a small sausage shape and brush with grapeseed oil. Place onto a tray and cover with plastic wrap to rest at room temperature for a further 25 minutes.
- Working with one portion at a time, flatten slightly with the palm of your hand before rolling out slightly with a rolling pin to form a flat long narrow rectangle approximately 3mm thick.
- Press a chopstick gently, lengthways, through the centre of the dough to create a deep indentation that runs through the length of the dough, without breaking through. Pick up the dough at each end and lift it and slap it repeatedly onto the work surface as you stretch it out to a ribbon that is about 45cm long.
- Carefully tear and separate the dough along the indentation to make 2 long noodles. Trim the ends and place onto an oiled tray or bench and cover with plastic wrap. Continue this process with the remaining portions of dough.
- To cook the noodles, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook the noodles in batches for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Toss with a dash of Fragrant Chilli Oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
- For the Cumin Beef, place ingredients into a medium bowl. Mix and massage gently with your hands to ensure everything is well combined. Cover and set aside to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- To assemble the dish, heat a large wok over high heat and add grapeseed oil. Once smoking, add the Cumin Beef and toss quickly until just cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, spring onion, coriander and red chilli and continue to cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add red onion, soy sauce, ground coriander, ground cumin, white pepper and stir for a further minute.
- Add the Noodles along with 2-3 tablespoons Fragrant Chilli Oil, lemon juice, sugar and salt. Toss gently to combine. Garnish with spring onion, fresh coriander and sesame seeds and serve.