Carrot and Ginger Jelly
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan-forced.
- For the Carrot and Ginger Jelly, combine sugar and agar agar in a small bowl and mix.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring carrot and ginger juice to the boil. Add sugar mixture and lemon juice, stir and bring to the boil again. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Place a sheet of 2.5cm silicon dome moulds on a tray. Fill moulds with mixture and freeze until set. Remove jelly from moulds and set aside.
- For the Carrot Mousse, place water in a medium bowl and sprinkle gelatine over the surface. Set aside for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, yolks and cornflour and whisk until smooth. In a small saucepan over high heat, bring carrot juice to the boil. Whilst whisking, gradually add juice to the egg mixture. Return mixture to the same saucepan and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove saucepan from the heat. Add butter and gelatine mixture to the saucepan, stir through until smooth and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place cream in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip with the whisk attachment to stiff peaks. Fold whipped cream into the cooled carrot mixture.
- Place a sheet of 4cm wide, 2cm deep silicon dome moulds on a tray. Place a jelly in the centre of each mould and fill moulds with mousse, using a palette knife to level. Freeze until set.
- For the Biscuit, combine flour, almond meal, icing sugar and butter in a food processor and process to a coarse crumb consistency. Add egg and pulse until dough comes together.
- Roll dough between two sheets of baking paper to 3mm thickness and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Discard top sheet of baking paper. Use a 4cm round cutter to cut at least 18 discs, discarding the offcuts. Use the bottom sheet of baking paper to lift dough onto a flat oven tray. Bake at 170°C for 15 minutes or until golden.
- For the Mirror Glaze, combine milk, glucose syrup and agar agar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a simmer.
- In a medium bowl, combine hot milk, chocolate, food colouring and bloomed gelatine and set aside for 1 minute or until chocolate melts. Use a stick blender to emulsify. Pass glaze through a fine sieve into a medium bowl. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and set aside to cool to 35°C.
- To assemble, remove mousse from moulds and place flat side down onto a wire rack set over a deep tray. Pour mirror glaze over domes to coat, allowing excess to drip off.
- Place biscuits on serving dish and place glazed domes, flat side down on top.
- To serve, garnish with gold leaf and edible flowers.