Roasted Cherry Truss Tomatoes
Burnt Butter Sage Sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- For the Roast Pumpkin, combine pumpkin, olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and toss to coat. Scatter pumpkin over lined tray and roast for 25 minutes or until tender. Roughly mash with a fork.
- For the Pasta Dough, combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and knead with the dook hook attachment until dough comes together. Knead for a further 10 minutes. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and rest for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- For the Ricotta, place milk in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove saucepan from the heat, add lemon juice, nutmeg and salt and stir. Set saucepan aside, untouched for 20 minutes.
- Pass through a muslin lined sieve, gently squeezing curds and discarding whey. Set aside to further drain if needed.
- To assemble tortellini, combine pumpkin and ricotta in a medium sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- In batches, pass dough through a pasta roller, starting from the thickest setting and folding at least 3 times to laminate. Continue working down through the settings to desired thickness, dusting with flour as needed.
- Lay lengths of rolled dough on a lightly floured bench and use an 8.5cm round cutter to cut at least 36 rounds. Spoon 1-2 teaspoons of the ricotta filling into the centre of each round. Lightly brush water on the dough edges, around the filling. Fold pasta in half, pressing down around the filling with your fingers to remove air pockets and seal. Shape into tortellini and set aside.
- For the Parmesan Tuille, spread parmesan evenly over lined tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Remove baking paper from tray and set aside to cool on paper. Break into large pieces.
- For the Roast Tomatoes, place tomatoes on an oven tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 5-10 minutes or until just starting to collapse.
- For the Burnt Butter Sage Sauce, melt the butter in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add sage and cook until butter starts to foam and smell nutty. Season with pepper and remove pan from the heat.
- To serve, bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add tortellini and cook until pasta rises to the top and dough is al dente.
- Add tortellini to the Burnt Butter Sage Sauce, turning to coat. Place tortellini and Roast Tomatoes on serving plates and spoon sauce and sage over. Garnish with Parmesan Tuile pieces.