Chicken Gizzard Stew
- For the Chicken Gizzard Stew, melt lard in a large frying pan over high heat and cook onions until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a pressure cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on high for 35 minutes or until gizzards are tender.
- For the Creamed Spinach, combine butter and flour in a medium saucepan over medium heat, allowing butter to melt then stirring together. Whilst stirring, gradually add milk and bring to a simmer until thickened slightly. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, melt lard. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add spinach, water and garlic powder, stir through and cook until just wilted.
- Transfer spinach mixture to the white sauce, stir through and season with salt and pepper. Use a stick blender to puree. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- For the Cherry Soup, combine cherries and juice from the jar in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to a simmer.
- In a mixing bowl, combine yoghurt, sugar, flour and spices and whisk until smooth. Add mixture to warm cherries and stir through. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- For the Nokedli, bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth. Use a pastry scraper to push dough through a perforated steamer tray with 5mm holes into the boiling water. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until nokedli floats. Drain nokedli through a fine colander or sieve, discarding water.
- To serve, plate Chicken Gizzard Stew, Creamed Spinach, Cherry Soup and Nokedli in separate dishes and serve on a platter.