Goma Dare (Sesame Sauce)
- For the Pork, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss together. Set aside to marinate for at least 45 minutes.
- For the Bao Buns, combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until ingredients come together. Transfer to the bench and knead until smooth.
- Place dough in a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Once rested, shape the dough into a log and portion into 16 evenly sized balls. Lightly grease each portion with oil and use a rolling pin to roll each into 9cm discs. Fold each disc in half and place on a small piece of baking paper in a deep tray. Cover the tray with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes or until slightly risen.
- For the Carrot Pickle, combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add carrot and toss through. Set aside for at least 30 minutes then drain, discarding liquid.
- For the Goma Dare, dissolve bonito seasoning in water. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- To assemble, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and place a bamboo steamer basket over. In batches, place the buns, still on paper into the steamer in a single layer. Steam buns for 6-8 minutes or until dough bounces back when lightly touched.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add pork and marinade and cook for 3-4 minutes. Transfer
- To serve, fill Bao Buns with Pork, Carrot Pickle, cucumber, coriander and Goma Dare. Scatter sesame seeds over.