- Preheat oven to 180c
- Cream together the butter and sugar with the paddle attachment for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Scrape down bowl & add in the egg and vanilla, beating for a further 1 minute.
- Add in the sifted flour and with the mixer on low beat until dough comes together.
- Roll out onto a floured surface and cut out your cookie shapes.
- Bake for approx 12-15 minutes
- Cool for 10 minutes
- Place some cornflour on the bench and roll out some vanilla fondant. Cut the fondant in the same cookie-cutter shape
- Adhere with a small brush of water on the back and attach to the cookie. Stamp the icing or add sprinkles/decorations of your choice!