Grosjean was lucky to escape with his life on Sunday after his Haas car speared through metal barriers, splitting in two and bursting into flames.
"I'm disgusted and disappointed with Formula One for showing or choosing the way to show it as they did, and broadcast replays after replays after replays of the fire, and his car split in half," said Renault's Ricciardo.
"And then, like that's not enough, they go to his onboard," added the Australian.
"Why do we need to see this? We're competing again in an hour. His family has to keep watching that. All our families have to keep watching that ... It's really unfair. It's not entertainment."
Ricciardo said Formula One, whose commercial rights are owned by US-based Liberty Media, was lucky it was not having to deal with a very different story.
"To show it like it's something from Hollywood, it's not cool. Choose to do that tomorrow, but not today," added the Renault driver.
A Formula One spokesman was not immediately available for comment.
Mercedes' Valtteri Bottas agreed the replays had been disconcerting.
"I feel like people, spectators want to see it. But there's a limit as well," said the Finn. "It could have been a fraction different, the shunt, and there would have been no way for him to get out of the car."
Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff said the images were frightening but "if you're not transparent as an organisation, you're just taking the risk that somebody else shows stuff that is beyond your control."
The race at Sakhir was halted and delayed for an hour and 20 minutes after the first lap crash, with track workers having to remove the metal barrier and replace it.
Grosjean miraculously suffered only burns on the back of his hands and is recovering in hospital. He has credited the halo protection bar with saving his life.
"Hello everyone, just wanted to say I am okay, well sort of okay," the 34-year-old, his hand swaddled in bandages but his face smiling, said from his hospital bed in a video posted to his social media.
"I wasn't for the halo some years ago but I think it's the greatest thing that we brought to Formula One and without it I wouldn't be able to speak to you today."
View this post on Instagram
Formula One introduced the halo in 2008, a three-point titanium structure above the front of the cockpit designed to protect drivers' heads from flying debris, and it initially attracted controversy.
Father of three Grosjean, who is out of contract and likely to leave Formula One at the end of the year, was one of those who was against it at the time, terming the day its introduction was announced a "sad day" for the sport.
On Sunday, his gratitude for its existence was echoed by others in the sport.
"There's absolutely no doubt the halo was the factor that saved the day and saved Romain," Formula One's managing director for motorsport Ross Brawn said.
There was quite a lot of controversy at the time about introducing it and I don't think anyone now can doubt the validity of that. It was a life-saver today.
"Undoubtedly we've got to do a very deep analysis of all the events that occurred because there were a number of things that shouldn't have happened," Brawn added.
"The fire was worrying, the split of the barrier was worrying.
"I think the positives are the safety of the car and that's what got us through today.
Brawn said barriers splitting was a problem from Formula One's far more dangerous past "and normally it resulted in a fatality".
Brawn said the sport had not seen such a fire in many years, although the fuel cells were now built to be 'incredibly strong' and he suspected it was more likely to be due to a ruptured connection.
"It looked a big fire but those cars are carrying 100 kilos of fuel at that stage. I think if 100 kilos had gone up we would have had a massive fire. For me that was a fire of a few kilos of fuel."