- Take steak out of the freezer 10 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat BBQ to medium-high heat.
- Thinly shave the par-frozen meat using a chef’s knife. Marinate in oil, garlic and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper. Mix to cover meat well and set aside.
- Meanwhile mix together sesame oil, hoisin sauce and honey in a bowl. Set aside.
- Remove beef slices from marinade, shaking to remove excess, and quickly sear on the hot BBQ for a few seconds on each side. Remove beef from heat and place in honey sesame dipping sauce. Repeat with remaining meat. Set aside.
- Combine all the vegetables for the pickle in a large bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar and sugar, tossing to coat. Stir through torn mint leaves.
- To serve spread one side of the baguette with pâté. Spread other side of baguette with kewpie mayonnaise and chilli sauce, to taste.
- Top with steak, allowing excess sauce to drip off before adding to sandwich. Top with pickled mixed vegetables.
- Top with drained curled spring onions and cut baguette into four pieces. Eatimmediately.
- Place the meat in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour to partially freeze thinner cuts of meat, making it easier to slice the meat into strips.