- To make pastry, combine the flour, paprika and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the cheese, egg yolk and milk and mix until the dough begins to form a ball. Turn out onto a lightly floured bench and knead to bring the dough together.
- Divide dough into two portions. Roll out one portion on a lightly floured surface until about 3mm thick. Using a 10cm round cutter, cut out 12 rounds, re-rolling dough as necessary. Repeat with remaining portion of dough.
- Lightly grease a 2 x 12-hole muffin pans (1/3 cup capacity), then line holes with pastry rounds, pressing them around sides. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan-forced).
- Whisk milk, eggs and chives in a large jug, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Divide the spinach among pastry-lined holes. Pour in egg mixture then top with ricotta, tomatoes, cheese and oregano flakes.
- Cook for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is set. Remove and stand for 30 minutes, before removing them the pans.
- Serve warm.
TIP: Replace food processor pastry with store-bought puff pastry.