Sweet Corn and Gin Panna Cotta
Gin Strawberry Flambe
Salted Caramel Popcorn Topping
- Cover four Gelatine leaves in Gin to soak until softened
- Add the milk and cream to a saucepan stir and bring to a low simmer.
- Grate two ears of corn into a bowl using a box grater, add a splash of the warm cream and milk and stir to combine
- Split the vanilla bean down the centre and scrape out the seeds. Add the seeds and the pod to the saucepan
- Add 150 grams of sugar, the corn mixture and the bloomed gelatine to the saucepan and stir until the gelatine is dissolved. Bring to a simmer and then turn off the heat.
- Pass the cream mixture through a fine sieve into a Large Jug with a spout.
- Pour into moulds and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To unmould dip moulds into hot water and use a butter knife around the rim to separate the edge of the Panna Cotta. Invert on a plate, tap the mould and slowly remove.
- Remove stalks and quarter the Strawberries. In a sautépan, melt the butter with 50 grams of sugar until the sugar has dissolved and is starting to bubble, place the strawberries in the pan and swirl to coat.
- Pour the gin over strawberries and tilt the pan to Flambe, reduce the liquid slightly and remove to a bowl to cool.
- Add the Salted caramel popcorn to a food processor and blitz
- Coat the Panna Cotta with the blitzed popcorn and spoon on the flambe strawberries to serve.