- Pat your turkey dry and leave on a tray in the fridge, uncovered overnight – this will help crisp up the skin.
- Preheat oven to 200 Fan Forced.
- To make the stuffing, heat the oil and chorizo in the pan and cook for 2 minutes until the fat starts to render. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened then add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes until fragrant. Remove from the heat then combine with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, using your hands to bring to mixture together.
- Stuff the cavity of the turkey with the stuffing. Tie the legs together.
- From the neck end of the turkey, gently run your fingers under the skin to loosen, being careful not to tear it.
- Combine the butter and paprika. Push some of the butter under the skin of the breast, then make knife incisions into the legs and wings and add the remaining butter under the skin. Arrange the extra thyme sprigs and sage leaves under the skin for presentation.
- Place the turkey in a large roasting pan and season the skin generously with salt and pepper.
- Place turkey in the oven and roast for 2 hours-3 hours, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes, until the internal temperature reads 65-67°C on a kitchen thermometer when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced (or when the juices run clear when pierced). If browning too quickly, cover with foil.
- Remove from the oven and rest, loosely covered with foil, for at least 25 minutes (the turkey will continue to cook while resting). Carve, and serve with stuffing and pan juices