- Grease a 26cm (10 inch) spring form tin with butter.
- Using a food processor blitz shortbread, butter and lavender to a coarse crumb.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the spring form tin, forming an even layer. Use the flat base of a jar/glass to flatten the crumb layer.
- Mix jam and lemon juice together until smooth.
- Spread evenly on top of the shortbread layer and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat cream cheese together with icing sugar, vanilla and lemon zest. Gradually add double cream, whisking until combined.
- Remove cake base from fridge and spread filling over jam layer, smoothing top out with a spatula. Set in fridge for at least an hour or overnight.
- Once set, remove cake from tin, smoothing edges with a spatula. Decorate top of cake by pressing strawberries cut side up into the cheese layer in a circle fanning out from the centre. Decorate half with the strawberries with green tops, and the other side with those without. Serve immediately.