Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Preheat oven to 180’C
- For the meatballs, add all ingredients except oil, to a large bowl, mix with clean hands until well combined. Take 1 tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball, place on a lined oven tray. Repeat process with remaining mixture. Spray meatballs lightly with oil and cook in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate tomatoes using largest holes of a box grater into a baking dish, you will be left with the skins, discard. Strain tomatoes through sieve. Transfer drained tomatoes to a bowl, add garlic and stir to combine.
- For the zoodles; remove the ends from zucchini’s and push through spiralizer. In a preheated pan, add oil over medium-high heat, sautee zoodles for 2 minutes, continually tossing. Remove from heat and set aside for service.
- Remove meatballs from oven and place in a large bowl, combine hot meatballs and fresh tomato sauce, toss to combine.
- To serve, place zoodles in a bowl, top with meatballs and serve.