Mary's Spice Mix
Soy Milk Marinade
Crispy Spiced Cauliflower
Vegan Mayo Sauce
- For Mary’s spice mix. Put all ingredients in a medium screw top jar and seal with lid. Shake well to combine.
- For the soy milk marinade. Put the tofu, soy milk, spice mix and hot sauce in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a deep container and add cauliflower and soak overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer to 180C. Toss cauliflower, a few pieces at a time, in seasoned flour and fry for about 4 mins or until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towel and repeat with remaining cauliflower. Sprinkle with extra spice mix.
- For the Vegan mayo sauce, put the soy milk, mustards and spices in the bowl of a blender or food processor and blend until combined. With the motor running, slowly add the vegetable oil until thick and combined.
- Serve it up, heat some of the spread in a frypan over medium heat toast the buns cut-side down until golden.
- Put some sauce on the base buns, top with lettuce, tomato, onion and cauliflower, top with vegan cheese and top with extra sauce and bun.