- Preheat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large deep pot to 180’C.
- For the sweet potato; finely slice peeled sweet potatoes into round discs using a mandolin or slicing disc of a food processor. Soak discs of potato in iced water for 30minutes.
- In a bowl or large snap-lock bag, combine cornflour, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt, mix well.
- Drain the sweet potato and pat dry, add to flour mixture coating discs well. In batches, fry sweet potato for 3-4mins or until just cooked through and the potato has curled and is lightly golden, but not browned. Remove and drain on wire cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining sweet potato.
- For the Beetroot hummus; Place the beetroots, chickpeas, and garlic into a food processor or Nutri bullet and process for 1 minute, until a coarse paste. Add remaining ingredients and process, to make it creamier add more tahini or loosen with water and process until you have the desired consistency.
- Adjust seasonings, adding more salt, cumin, olive oil, or lemon juice if needed.
- To Serve; Layer up sweet potatoes and serve with your favourite sides such as; tabouli, fried or oven-roasted chickpeas, halloumi with dukkah. (for this recipe we used Vegan Halloumi)
- Tip: if short on time rinse, sweet potato discs under cold water instead of soaking, the longer you soak the crispier they will be!