- To make the chutney, blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy – it might take a minute or two.
- Taste and adjust seasoning and tang (with lemon juice) to taste.
- Keep excess in an airtight glass jar in the fridge or freezer until ready to use.
- To cook the jaffle, heat the oil in a small pan. Add the mustard seeds and once they are popping, add the onions and cook until soft. Add the chorizo and cook until it has released its oil into the pan and is sizzling. Remove from the heat.
- pread the butter (if using – it helps sourdough become golden and crisp) on one side of each slice of bread and turn over.
- Spread 1 tbs of the tangy coriander chutney on 2 of the slices of bread. Spread the mayo on the other 2 slices. Top with chorizo, onions and rocket.
- Top with the other slice of bread, butter side up and place in the jaffle maker. Cook until golden and serve hot.