- Crack eggs (separately, to check for blood spots) & whisk together.
- Mix eggs, matzo meal, water and salt in a medium bowl (mixture will resemble wet sand; it will firm up as it rests).
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Scoop out 2-tablespoonful portions matzo ball mixture and, using wet hands, gently roll into balls..
- Add matzo balls to water and reduce heat so water is at a gentle simmer (too much bouncing around will break them up). Cover pot and cook matzo balls until cooked through and starting to sink, 20–25 minutes.
- Plate 1 – 2 matzo balls up into a bowl, ladle over chicken soup (as much as preferred) and serve.